The Integrated Financial Management Information & System (IFMIS) Unit is responsible for the design, development and implementation of IFMIS functionalities across Government Agencies by automating the execution and accounting processes for the effective Public Financial Management.
Implementation of a modern Integrated Financial Management Information System
- Design, development and implementation of IFMIS functionalities across Government Agencies.
- Ensure that the IFMIS implementation contribute to achievement of MINECOFIN’s strategic objectives for improvement of public financial management.
- Integration plan of IFMIS with other systems such as the Public debt management system, Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information system, Rwanda Revenue Authority information systems and National Bank information systems.
- Facilitate Budget Agencies reporting and Government financial statement consolidation using IFMIS.
- Ensure timely escalation and resolution of issues and proper functioning of the IFMIS helpdesk.
- Ensuring that the IFMIS application build complies with all internal and external solution design requirements including statutory requirements and industry best practice.
- Design, develop and implement an easy to use accounting system for subsidiary entities like Sectors, Schools, Districts’ Hospitals and Health Centers
- Provide the Ministry of Finance and other Government Agencies with a financial management tool for decision making, financial control, analysis, monitoring and reporting