Driving Change through Transformational Plans and Investments
Units within the Department
The department is composed of two units: the Public National Investment Planning Unit and the National Planning and Monitoring unit . Together, these contribute towards the performance of the following functions of the department.
Main Functions of the Department
1. Coordinating the elaboration of national development planning for both central and local government
2. Monitoring of progress on priority national development outcomes working with relevant institutions
3. Initiating and supporting the conduct of analytical works to foster evidence based policy making;
4. Coordinating the elaboration of the national investment programme and ensuring synergy between the investment plans at all levels
5. Identifying priority investments to be undertaken to achieve national development strategies.
6. Establishing criteria for appraisal and prioritization of public investments in the context of limited resources
7. Developing national capacities in planning, monitoring and investment planning