Dr. Uzziel NDAGIJIMANA is the Minister of Finance and Economic Planning. Before his appointment, Dr. NDAGIJIMANA was Minister of State in charge of Economic Planning. Prior to that, he was the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Health from May 2011 to July 2014.
Dr. NDAGIJIMANA has served at different leadership positions in the academia. He was Vice Rector at the National University of Rwanda (2007 – 2011), and as the Rector of School of Finance and Banking (2002 -2007).
Dr. Uzziel NDAGIJIMANA holds a PhD in Economics (1998) and a MSc. Economics specializing in International Trade. He started his career as a Lecturer at the National University of Rwanda in 1999, Faculty of Economics, Social Sciences and Management. He is author of papers in national and international journals. He speaks Kinyarwanda, French, English, Swahili, Polish, and basic Portuguese.
Dr. Uzziel NDAGIJIMANA also served in various Boards of Directors and Councils, including:
- Board of Directors of the National Bank of Rwanda
- Board of Directors of the Prime Holdings
- Board of Directors of the National Institute of Statistics of Rwanda
- Board of Directors of the Student Financing Agency for Rwanda
- Board of Directors of School of Finance and Banking
- Board of Directors of National University of Rwanda
- Chairman of Economic Advisory Council of the President of the Republic of Rwanda
- Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Inter-University Council for East Africa