Objectives of the Department:
To coordinate the preparation and implementation of the National Budget as well as effective implementation of the Fiscal Decentralization Policy through formulation, monitoring and evaluation of budgetary policies and procedures in Rwanda.
Key Functions of the Department:
- Budget Policy Formulation and Evaluation including coordinating formulation of the annual National Budget and the Medium Term Expenditure Framework;
- Budget Administration including forecasting, monitoring and Reporting on the implementation of the National Budget
- Coordinating the implementation of the Fiscal Decentralization Strategy including supporting formulation of Districts’ Budgets and monitoring their implementation.
Units under National Budget Department:
- Project Management and Monitoring
- National Budget Management and Reporting